Turkey – Faith, give-away, earth eagle.
These are authentic Native American Wild Turkey Smudge Feathers, handmade by the SIOUX Tribe in the USA.
- These authentic good quality Wild Turkey Smudge Feathers are handcrafted by Kim Wilson in the USA. Kim Wilson is a member of the Winnebago Sioux tribe and lives in the USA.
- Each handle is hand-stitched in a good way by an artist that loves their work.
- Smudging is a practise that dates back countless of centuries. Traditionally these smudge feathers are used to cleanse, purify, heal oneself, another person, a space and special or sacred objects or simply spreading the scent throughout.
- In the Native American tradition the turkey helped to create the world, and is thought of as the give-away or earth eagle. In the give-away ceremony someone will give away perhaps all that they own for the good of the People. In the giving away of material possessions we are acknowledging who we really are – spiritual beings.
- The spirit of turkey is free, and opens up the channels between us and others on a meaningful level. The turkey sacrifices itself so that others may live, and this can show us courage and faith in our present life and the next.
Dimensions: Overall length of whole fan (including the leather handle, not including leather straps) is about 13 inches (35 cms).